- Posted by admin
- On January 12, 2024
- 0 Comments
My guiding principle is embodied in Doctor Allen Hamilton’s quote, “To ride down the trail on horseback is to enter a state of grace.”
I grew up in a small North Carolina town to a family of teachers and lawyers. My love of horses developed through the written word decades before I got to become a rider. I wrote my first grade school thesis on the Bureau of Land Management wild horse roundups. My second was a history of the Appaloosa breed.
I finally got to experience horses in the flesh once becoming a young professional and have since owned three Appys. I am now retired from careers in the communications fields, real estate, and law. What I have been most passionate about is protecting horses and connecting to horses. For me that place of communion is on the trail and camping with my equine partner Buckshot. For those of us who find our peace and strength through horses we need to be able to have the space to do so as well and be willing to share and work with others.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, ASSOCIATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Wake Forest University
- Juris Doctorate, North Carolina Central University School of Law
- Licensed Attorney, North Carolina
- Member of North Carolina, Tenth District, and Wake Bar Associations
- Licensed Realtor, North Carolina
- Member of North Carolina Home Builders Association