- Posted by admin
- On June 1, 2021
- 0 Comments
Mason Point Horse Trail at the Jordan Game Land
Jordan Lake Trail Conservation Association
Wonderful news! The Mason Point trail is NOW OPEN at the Jordan Game Land! The Jordan Lake Trail Conservation Association worked hard to create space for equestrians on the Jordan Game Land, and we’re proud to have been an instrumental part of the process.
Permits are required to ride, more information below.
Please follow these simple rules to guard our privilege to ride in the Jordan Game Land
- You must have a valid Game Land License if you are 16 or older in order to ride. Please go to www.ncwildlife.org to purchase using
MasterCard or Visa.
- Riders must be able to present a current negative Coggins Test report for each horse.
- Please ride only when the trail is posted as open, and only during the daylight hours.
- Stay on the trail. Riding off the marked trail is prohibited and could be dangerous. Please obey all instructional signage.
- Camping is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Leave no trace or trash… pack it out!
- Riders are responsible to remove any hay or manure from the parking lot by scattering it in the surrounding woods.
The trail is a 5.5 mile loop through wooded terrain. The horse trail is marked with orange arrows and /or orange diamond paint blazes.
For your safety consider the following:
- Tell someone where you are and when you plan to return
- Wear an armband or carry a Medical ID card with at least your ID and emergency contact information included
- Wear bright colors to make you easy to find should you need Emergency help
- Carry a GPS enabled, fully charged cell phone, map, a whistle, and drinking water
Currently riding is allowed every day between June 1st and August 31st, and on Sundays only for the remainder of the year. For updates check Game Land Regulations or visit our Facebook page.
Enjoy your ride and please respect the rules to guard our privilege to ride. We need your help to sustain the possibility of opening more trails in the future.
Download and view Mason Point Horse Trail brochure below:
View trail below: