NCHC Membership Benefits
- LEGISLATIVE INFLUENCE
- The NCHC is the voice of the horse owners of North Carolina. We study and stay current on issues affecting the horse industry. Our membership in the American Horse Council ensures that we are also represented in Washington.
- INSIDER INFORMATION
- Current members receive information on current events and updates as needed on issues involving horse affairs in NC.
- HORSE HEALTH ISSUES
- The NCHC works directly with representation from the Equine Health Program at the College of Veterinary Medicine to help communicate new horse health research and availability of new diagnostic equipment and treatments for serious problems that involve the health of North Carolina horses. The NCHC has supported horse health research through their granting program. The NCHC works directly with the State Animal Response Team (SART) to get information to horse owners about emergency planning and care in disasters. These organizations have received funding from the NCHC to enhance their efforts for North Carolina horses. Also the NCHC works directly with the Veterinary Division of the NCDA&CS to get information about horse infectious diseases like West Nile Virus (WNV) and Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) and other industry health related issues to horse owners in a timely manner.
- Both literally, through our presence on the World Wide Web, and figuratively through maintaining contacts across the state, the NCHC allows horse people to stay abreast of current events and opportunities. The NCHC interacts with the N.C. Cooperative Extension Service’s Regional Equine Information Network System to unite local horse interest into a statewide network.
- EQUINE PERSONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
- $1,000,000 excess equine personal liability insurance is available for NCHC Individual and Lifetime dues-paying members. This insurance is in excess of any other valid and collectible insurance. Some exclusions apply.
- TRAIL ACCESS
- The NCHC Trails Committee works to maintain public access to horse trails, to further funding for trail maintenance and support, and to establish new trails across the state.
- CURRENT EVENTS MANAGEMENT
- Whether it’s an effort to limit trail access, monitor tack and horse thefts, track disease outbreaks, or educate about animal welfare issues, NCHC volunteers strive to keep horse owners informed.
- SPEAKERS BUREAU
- NCHC volunteers give their time and knowledge to come speak to your club or organization about the work NCHC performs and issues that affect us all.
- A VOICE FOR YOUR CONCERNS
- The NCHC is open to new ideas and new members. Contact us, come to a meeting, speak out, volunteer, and get involved.
Join or Renew NCHC
|Individual Membership (with in-excess liability insurance)||$45|
|Family Membership (2 Adults & Youth)||$50|
|Family Membership with insurance||$95|
|Youth (18 years and younger)||$10|
|Lifetime Members liability insurance||$25|
|Associations (less than 100 Members)||$50|
|Associations (greater than 100 Members)||$100|
To purchase an NCHC membership online, click HERE
For a printable mail-in membership application, click: NCHC Membership Invoice
Note: To purchase the liability insurance, you must be a current member of the NCHC. For Insurance FAQ, click HERE